Precis has no dependencies other than git and these basic *nix commands:
Most of these commands are installed by default. Otherwise, please install them using your operating system’s package manager.
- Fork or clone this repo from Github.
- Delete all the markdown files:
$ rm *.md *.markdown tags/*.md
- Push to your own repo on Github.
- Enable Github pages for your repo in the repo settings with master branch as the source.
- Add a git pre commit hook with the following command:
_config.ymlfile with correct values as per your setup:
# the name for your notes website name: Precis # the description of the notes website description: Precis is a minimal note taking web-app built over Github Pages.
- Write notes in Markdown in the root directory of your repo. Upon committing the files in git, home page and tag pages will be auto-generated.
- Push to Github and wait for few minutes for the notes to be published.
You can use Github flavoured Markdown to write your notes. You can add date and tags to the notes using the Markdown front-matter format.
A sample note:
--- date: 2019-06-06 tags: meeting office --- # Meetings Notes - need to do things - need to do more things
See this demo note to get a look and feel.